Saturday, July 31, 2010

And Life Starts Again

Well my vacation is officially over even after ten days off I could have used more time.  We were able to accomplish a few things.  Dakota had his surgery and is now fully healed, he still can't jump onto the bunk yet, but I'm not sure if that is because of the huge pile of laundry we didn't get to or because of his incision.  I got the kitchen cleaned up which was no small feat.  I found out whether I would be working in a different department (no, apparently finishing my degree is more important than I thought it was).  We decided that I needed to go back to school, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I can go back to overnights by the time school starts before I enroll.  We also decided that Wynn needs to start back to grad school.  We decided to buy a second car to facilitate this, this will also help with our credit scores.  We decided to buy a house here and sell the Airstream, more on that when I know more.  We found out that we fall just short of qualifying for a home loan, and we are trying to figure out how to remedy that until we can build our credit scores up, more on this later.  We will be building our credit, starting now, but in the mean time we are trying to figure out how to get out of the Airstream and into the house we want, right now.  Tricky very tricky.

I'm not sure how I feel about going back to work this afternoon after being so close to moving into a higher paying position that would have started Monday.  The vacation helped, giving me time to deal with my frustration, but I'm still a bit bummed.  However, if I can go back to overnights by the time classes start going to school full time will be a lot easier than it would have been if I'd gotten the 9-5 job.

Even after ten days I feel like I need "just one more day" to finish everything, I think I'd feel that way no matter how much time off I had taken.  I'm pretty sure that if I had today off I'd be thinking the same thing tomorrow.  I love most aspects of my life.  I love Wynn and I love our dogs.  I love my job even thought I thought I was ready to move on.  But sometimes being an adult sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment