Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spring Fool

Eventually winter thaws to spring and the blanket of snow melts to reveal wild flowers and new life.  We made it through our first winter and I was happy to store the oil heaters and turn off the furnace for good.  With spring comes pollen and even as allergic as I am I can't help but open the windows while I'm sleeping, though I regret it when I wake up.  I love spring, I'm a spring fool.  I've never appreciated spring as much as I do living in an Airstream.  Spring is a time when it's cool enough that you don't have to run the air conditioner and so it's comfortable and most of all quiet inside the tin can.  The original air conditioner did work and ran on a thermostat but I for one wasn't looking forward to turning it on.  I don't know I guess I'm just not comfortable with things that run full time on electricity.  I've never been.  I'm not too comfortable with things that run on propane either which is why I was ecstatic when I could turn off the furnace and not have to worry about it blowing us sky high.  It's perfectly safe, however I'm just weird about things like that.

Spring for me is reassuring because most things happen without incident.  It feels safe, it feels like peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment