Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hottest Day of the Year?

So apparently it was the hottest day of the year today, well yesterday, and the Airstream stayed pretty cool.  I didn't really notice how hot it was until I went to work.  I guess our air conditioner isn't set for this kind of heat and we can't get to the controls until Monday.  Yay!  I get to sweat for eight hours tomorrow too.  I can't wait.  So my first day back was good.  I only knew two of the kids, but I wasn't too surprised.  I work in a homeless shelter so kids are always coming and going and after being gone for ten days I would have been disappointed if all of the same ones were still there.  I like to see them change and progress and move on and it saddens me when for whatever reason they get stuck.  So it was nice to only see a couple of familiar faces.  Change is good especially in my line of work, and no two days are ever the same.  I love my job, I do, that's one thing I can say.  I love what I do.  I don't make much money and it can be extremely stressful but in the end youth work is something I will do until I die, even after I retire.  This job is the only reason we chose to stay and live in the Airstream.  I'd never found a career path that I love until I found youth work and Wynn and I decided that it is certainly something worth staying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment