Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not Every Dog Can Be an Airstream Dog

So in addition to Wynn and I when we started living in the Airstream we had three awesome schnauzers Penny Dawn (1995-2009), Dakota Benson (Penny's son), and Robert Asta (Dakota's son).  You know, the dogs with the beards.  We love our dogs, they're like our children and when we decided on the Airstream we took their comfort into consideration.  We got lucky is all that I can say.  Right before we bought the Airstream our neighbors who had dogs of their own decided to move back to Kansas.  I do miss Susan and her husband.  I can say that coming home and going to sleep after an overnight shift while Susan sang hymns to her dogs next to our tent camper was very peaceful.  The plus side to them leaving was that they were in the only fenced lot in the RV park.  We had made friends with them, I had long hair at the time because I had started working with teenagers and thought that if I looked too butch I wouldn't get the job and Wynn had her normal short haircut and well we let Susan assume that Wynn was a man.  I digress, anyway they were moving and had taken a liking to us, so when they left they told the office that we were to move into their spot.  Not a week later we found the Airstream.  So the Airstream dogs were ecstatic to no longer have to go out and do their business on a leash.  They had a yard, even if it was mostly gravel and not as big as what they were used to at home.
Robert Asta, and his mohawk
Robert- Asta in the bunk giving me the "I'm cooler than you mom" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment