Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Hear Something Dripping... That Can't Be Good

A few weeks after settling in we noticed a leak in the bathroom.  The fresh water intake for the toilet was leaking, and it was leaking a lot.  It's a tight space back there, I could feel where it was leaking from but I couldn't see it. Luckily I was able to take a blind photo with Wynn's camera phone and take it to the local parts store.  Luckier still it was clear enough for the parts guy to make out what the part actually was.  Was it in stock?  Of course not, but they could order it.  Okay, fine, I'll put a towel back there and hope for the best.  Hey at least we didn't need a new toilet to fix the problem.  We could afford a part and we could wait for it to ship, we couldn't afford a new toilet.

So the part arrived and we removed the toilet to put it on, with help from my father, he's retired and he gets bored.  This is about to get a bit messy so I will continue this in the next post.  Suffice it to say once the part was installed and the toilet was put back in place it worked like a charm.  It still does in fact, two years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment