Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Beginning

In June of 2008 my partner took a job in a city 190 miles away from our beautiful 1925 Craftsman home.  I will say for the sake of full disclosure that she took this job for me.  I was supposed to start working for a medium sized software company in the same city doing technical writing and project documentation.  Unfortunately due to a buyout by a larger company and the subsequent down sizings that took place my job did not pan out, though it was too late to go back home.  We were going to stay with my parents until we found a place here, but that didn't really workout either.  So, we found a slot at a nearby State Park and moved into her grandparent's tent camper.  Yes, I said tent camper.  We kept the house 190 miles away and still visit every month or so to this day.

After a few weeks at the State Park we realized that we needed to be closer to a metropolitan area so that I could now find a job.  We then moved the tent camper to the RV park that we are currently residing in.  As summer turned to fall we decided that we could not live in the tent camper through the winter so we began the search for an RV.  We both have always had a fascination with nostalgia, old homes, old cars and old RVs.  So we decided to buy an Airstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment