Monday, August 16, 2010

I Feel a Bit More Confident Now

Yes, I'm posting again, and yes I'm still up.  Luckily my first class tomorrow is at 5:30pm.

I feel a bit better now, I just spoke with a friend of mine that I haven't had a long conversation with in ages.  I found out that she graduated with the same degree that I am shooting for at NSU.  We became friends her senior year there when she was interning where I work but I never knew what her degree was in.  She went a similar route as I, basics at TCC and degree from NSU and she was able to make me feel much better about going back to school.

She was an adult student like I am and I think that makes a difference.  I could talk to college aged students all day and it wouldn't make me feel any better because I am no longer a college aged student and I can't really relate anymore.

I think I can actually do this now.  I think once I get through these first nine hours successfully my college phobia will be gone.

She has just finished her masters and you know after talking with her about the difficulty of the classes she's taken I feel so much more confident.  Will I get that nervous feeling in my stomach when I'm walking to class tomorrow?  Yeah, I will but I think it will be more out of anticipation than nerves.

I can do this.

I will do this.

I will not look back on my failures and I will, for the first time, believe in myself.

Oh and more importantly, I will not skip class and will do my homework.

Thanks L. M.  I'll call you and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment