Sunday, August 22, 2010

So It's Not A Jetta After All

My first week of class is officially over.  I'm caught up with all of my homework and I have some reading to do for biology but I can do that at work tonight after the kiddos go to bed.  Everything seems to be going better than expected, I'm thankful for that.  It's been a confidence booster, I think I can do it this time and do it well instead of just half assing it like I've always done before.

Alright so, those of you who follow my private Facebook page already know what happened with the Jetta, but just in case you missed it here is a recap.

So we found the Jetta at Volkswagon of Tulsa over two weeks ago and we were told that all of the work that needed to be done to it would be done, however that turned out to not be the case.  After ten days of not hearing from them at all, ten days that they were holding a very large down payment check, they finally called us and told us that it would be $5600 to fix the Jetta and that they were unwilling to do so.  So we went and picked up the check and took our business elsewhere.  It wasn't so much their refusal to fix the car that made us angry it was the fact that for ten days we knew nothing.  Ten days and they couldn't spend two minutes on the phone to let us know what was going on.  Then Wynn happened to look at the reviews for Volkswagon of Tulsa online and found that we were not the first customers to be extremely unhappy with their service.

We still needed a car and we weren't going to buy from them.  Wynn looked online while I finished up a five hour shift at work and by the time I got home she had found another Jetta at a smaller dealership just down the road.  We test drove it and like the Jetta before it just felt like crap.  It felt like it had been driven into the ground.  She happened to notice two Subaru WRX wagons on the lot and asked the salesman about them. He stated that they were good cars but that they had been street racers.  Damn.

He then led us over to a Saab 9-2x.  The Saab 9-2x was made by Subaru.  It is basically a WRX with Saab badging.  I love Saabs and Wynn loves Subarus, perfect.  It was more than we could afford but we test drove it anyway.  It was amazing, it felt like a car should feel, tight steering, smooth ride, effortless shifting and power.  We decide to negotiate once we got back to the dealership.

The owner of the dealer ship met with us and was unwilling to take any less than what he had priced it at and we made it clear how much money we had loaned for the Jetta.  He then offered to let us pay out the difference over the course of three months.  Sold.  Totally Sold.

We picked up the Saab the next day and took it to Oklahoma City to have it insured.  No waiting on parts no bullshit.  We have a second car and I think we're damned lucky that we didn't end up with that broken down Jetta instead.

Oh yeah and it's also a manual, so I guess I will still have to learn how to drive one, but for now I'm just happy to see the 4Runner parked next to a Saab in the driveway.  Photos of our happy little car family will be posted soon, I just really need to wash the 4Runner first.

P.S.  After we bought the Saab we went to look at an awesome little rent house.  The paperwork is pending so I'll let ya'll know when I know.  Hopefully that will be the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment