Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh My Life of Humidity...

That's not my quote up there, but I like it and it works as a great title for this post.

It's 103F here today with a heat index of 106F, Oklahoma in August horrible.  I thought it felt quite warm in here today even with the new air conditioner going at full blast.  I mean I'm sweating a bit and the dogs are all spread out on the linoleum floor under the A/C but 103F?  Yowza!  I really wanted to light up Ol' Smokey and cook some nice organic brats for dinner this evening.  I'm not sure I'll be doing that now.  We might just pick up some junk for dinner while we're out doing the laundry this evening, or I might do one of my famous 1am BBQ sessions.  More on that later, sounds like another story to write up.

Oh and by the way, this is one of the reasons that I don't mind not having a functioning hot water heater.  Rinsing off in a shower with water straight out of the ground is quite refreshing on a nasty day like today.

Heat example

High today in Northeastern Oklahoma
103F, wait a minute, remember the heat index?  Ahem, 106F

High today in Atlanta Georgia
92F, I'm jealous.

High today in Phoenix Arizona
107F, but no humidity.

Dust Bowl 1930's Oklahoma
So you take the heat from the Southwest and you mix it with the humidity of the Southeast and welcome to in August in Oklahoma.

*Post title is from Late Bloom a song by Amy Ray from the album Stag 2001 Daemon Records.  

No comments:

Post a Comment