Friday, October 8, 2010

At Home

We're finally all moved in at the Tulsa house and there is barely anything left at the house in OKC.  What is left resides mostly in the garage.  Winter clothes, holiday decorations and that sort of thing.  There isn't really much there, other than the furniture we purchased seven years ago, that makes it still feel like home.  It's strange for me right now, because the house in OKC will always be our first house, and we put so much work into it for so long that it will always feel like home.  Years from now I'll drive by that house and our keys will no longer fit in the locks, but it will still feel like our house.  It feels like our house now, but it no longer feels like home to me. 

I don't know if it feels like home to Wynn still, but I am beginning to doubt it.  We want to keep both houses and financially we can keep them both quite comfortably, since we do have a roommate living in the house in OKC, but now that we have made a commitment to live in Tulsa fulltime I'm not sure if we actually will end up keeping both.  Wynn will eventually have to go back to OKC to go to med school and it would be nice to still have the house in OKC for her to live in while she gets both her MD and her PhD, but for now I have to at least finish my BS in Social Work first.  As it stands I am taking the gen ed courses that I neglected to take and I'm not sure how much longer I actually have before I will graduate. 

That reminds me, I have to go to NSU Broken Arrow with my OSU transcript soon to find our just how much longer getting my BS will take. 

Things certainly came together quickly like they always do.  Wynn and I always talk things to death and then suddenly we make them happen as if out of the blue.  It's nice to feel as though I currently have everything that I wanted last year, but I wonder what will happen next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment