Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dry Spell

We're all moved in now, there are boxes still laying around and loads of laundry to finish.  We still need to buy desks for our office and bookcases for the myriads of books I have stored in Oklahoma City, but technically we now live in a house.  The Airstreamer Era is over for Wynn and I.  The Airstream is now sitting at a storage place between a gutted bus and an 85 primer gray Chevy Silverado.  It's like a graveyard of sorts and part of me feels guilty for keeping such a beautiful piece of history there, but it is the practical thing to do.

The Airstream is for sale and I know, I know, post photos.  I will, I've taken them, they're on the IPhone and I may post them tonight if I'm not too busy at work.  I shouldn't be, the kids will be in bed by the time I clock in and aside from finishing a spreadsheet for my boss, I don't really have much I need to do other than homework, but neither of those tasks should take eight hours.

I have hit a rather dry spell lately with the blogging and all of the writing I do.  It's as though I don't feel like I need it to cope anymore like I did in the Airstream.  There are so many other things that I could be doing, like making my own bread in the bread maker I bought at the Goodwill for $4 the other day, or reading.

Currently reading: The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
Currently listening to: The Clicks
Would really like to be reading:  The Things They Carried,  Tim O'Brien
Movie I'd like to watch: Apocalypse Now

No comments:

Post a Comment